Last Updated: June 15, 2021
1. Agreement to Terms. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Services. If you are accessing and using the Services on behalf of a company (such as your employer) or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to that company or other legal entity.
3. Changes to Terms or Services. We may update the Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we’ll let you know either by posting the updated Terms on the Site or through other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we update them or you use the Services. If you continue to use the Services after we have posted updated Terms, you are agreeing to be bound by the updated Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the updated Terms, you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
4. Who May Use the Services?
(a) Eligibility. You may use the Services only if you are 18 years or older and capable of forming a binding contract with Spreadsheet and are not barred from using the Services under applicable law.
(b) Registration and Your Information. If you want to use certain features of the Services, you’ll have to create an account (“Account”). You can do this via the Site or through your account with certain third-party social networking services such as Gmail (each, an “SNS Account”). If you choose the SNS Account option, we’ll create your Account by extracting from your SNS Account certain personal information such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on the SNS Account permit us to access.
(c) Accuracy of Account Information. It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your Account and you agree to update such information to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
5. Feedback. We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You grant to us a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
6. Subscriptions. When you create an Account with us, Spreadsheet will offer you a free fourteen (14) day trial (“Trial Period”) of the “Premium” version of the Services. At the end of the Trial Period, you may elect to continue using the Premium Services by purchasing either a monthly or annual subscription for use of the Services (“Subscription”). If you choose not to purchase a Subscription, your access to the Services will automatically convert to a “Freemium” model of the Services at the end of the Trial Period.
(a) General. When you purchase a Subscription (each, a “Transaction”), you expressly authorize us (or our third-party payment processor) to charge you for such Transaction. We may ask you to supply additional information relevant to your Transaction, including your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card and your email and postal addresses for billing and notification (such information, “Payment Information”). You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by any such Payment Information. When you initiate a Transaction, you authorize us to provide your Payment Information to third parties so we can complete your Transaction and to charge your payment method for the type of Transaction you have selected (plus any applicable taxes and other charges). You may need to provide additional information to verify your identity before completing your Transaction (such information is included within the definition of Payment Information).
(b) Subscriptions. If you purchase a monthly Subscription, you will be charged the monthly Subscription fee, plus any applicable taxes and other charges (“Monthly Subscription Fee”) at the beginning of your Subscription and each month thereafter, at the then-current Monthly Subscription Fee. If you purchase an annual Subscription, you will be charged the annual Subscription fee, plus any applicable taxes and other charges (“Annual Subscription Fee”) at the beginning of your Subscription and each year thereafter, at the then-current Annual Subscription Fee. If you purchase either Subscription, we (or our third-party payment processor) will automatically charge you each month or year, as applicable, on the anniversary of the commencement of your Subscription, using the Payment Information you have provided until you cancel your Subscription. For annual Subscriptions, Spreadsheet will send you a reminder at least thirty (30) days prior to each renewal with the then-current Annual Subscription Fee. By agreeing to these Terms and electing to purchase a Subscription, you acknowledge that your Subscription has recurring payment features and you accept responsibility for all recurring payment obligations prior to cancellation of your Subscription by you or Spreadsheet. Your Subscription continues until cancelled by you or we terminate your access to or use of the Services or Subscription in accordance with these Terms.
(c) Cancelling a Subscription. You may cancel a Transaction for a full refund within ten (10) calendar days of your initial purchase. AFTER THAT, YOUR PURCHASE IS FINAL AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL THE PURCHASE AND/OR RECEIVE A REFUND OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION FEE AT ANY TIME. But if something unexpected happens in the course of completing a Transaction, we reserve the right to cancel your Transaction for any reason; if we cancel your Transaction we’ll refund any payment you have already remitted to us for such Transaction. Without limiting the foregoing, you may cancel your Subscription at any time, but please note that such cancellation will be effective at the end of the then-current Subscription period. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR INITIAL SUBSCRIPTION PURCHASE, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND OF ANY PORTION OF THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE PAID FOR THE THEN CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD AT THE TIME OF CANCELLATION. To cancel, you can send an email to email@example.com. You will be responsible for all Monthly or Annual Subscription Fees (plus any applicable taxes and other charges) incurred for the then-current Subscription period. If you cancel, your right to use the Services will continue until the end of your then-current Subscription period and will then terminate without further charges.
7. Content Ownership, Responsibility and Removal.
(a) Definitions. For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that Account holders (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
(b) Our Content Ownership. Spreadsheet does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, Spreadsheet and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content.
(c) Rights in User Content Granted by You. By making any User Content available through the Services you hereby grant to Spreadsheet a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, and publicly display your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services and Content to you and to other Account holders.
(d) Your Responsibility for User Content. You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by Spreadsheet on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
(e) Use of User Content. You can add, edit, revise and copy your User Content through the Services. You may also remove your User Content by specifically deleting it.
(f) Rights in Content Granted by Spreadsheet. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Spreadsheet grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to download, view, display and print the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
8. Rights and Terms for Apps.
(a) Rights in App Granted by Spreadsheet. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Spreadsheet grants to you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device or computer that you own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. You may not copy the App, except for making a reasonable number of copies for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App; or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means. Spreadsheet reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under these Terms.
(b) Accessing App from App Store. The following terms apply to any App accessed through or downloaded from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App may now or in the future be made available (each an “App Provider”). You acknowledge and agree that:
— These Terms are concluded between you and Spreadsheet, and not with the App Provider, and Spreadsheet (not the App Provider), is solely responsible for the App.
— The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
— In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider, and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Spreadsheet.
— The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
— In the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of that App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Spreadsheet will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms.
— The App Provider, and its subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license to the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the Terms, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
— You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
— You must also comply with all applicable third party terms of service when using the App.
9. Acceptable Use Policy. You understand and acknowledge that your use of the Services is subject to our Acceptable Use Policy [hyperlink “Acceptable Use Policy”].
10. DMCA/Copyright Policy. Spreadsheet respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is Spreadsheet’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Account holders who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see Spreadsheet’s Copyright and IP Policy at [insert link], for further information.
11. Links to Third Party Websites or Resources. The Services (including the App) may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
12. Termination. We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of the Services or your Account, the following Sections will survive: 7(a), 7(b), 7(c), 13, 15, 16, 17, and 18.
13. Warranty Disclaimers. THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content.
14. Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold harmless Spreadsheet and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services or Content, (ii) your User Content, or (iii) your violation of these Terms.
15. Limitation of Liability.
(a) NEITHER SPREADSHEET NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPREADSHEET OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(b) IN NO EVENT WILL SPREADSHEET’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO SPREADSHEET FOR USE OF THE SERVICES OR CONTENT OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO SPREADSHEET, AS APPLICABLE.
(c) THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN SPREADSHEET AND YOU.
16. Governing Law and Forum Choice. These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any legal action or proceeding arising under these Terms will be brought exclusively in the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California, and you and Spreadsheet each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
17. General Terms.
(a) Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Spreadsheet and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Spreadsheet and you regarding the Services and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Spreadsheet’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Spreadsheet may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
(b) Notices. Any notices or other communications provided by Spreadsheet under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
(c) Waiver of Rights. Spreadsheet’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Spreadsheet. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
18. Contact Information. If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact Spreadsheet at email@example.com.