This spreadsheet can be used for managing a basic stock portfolio, including simple tracking of stock purchases and sales. Primarily designed for educational purposes and to aid in analysis or planning.
- Record a Stock Purchase: Enter the Account, Stock Symbol, Date Purchased, Quantity of Shares, the Purchase Price, and any Trade Fees. The Purchase Cost is calculated.
- Calculate Current Market Value: To calculate the current market value and the associated unrealized gain or loss, you need to enter the current share price.
- Record the Sales of a Stock: Enter the Date Sold and the Sell Price. The Income from Sale and the Realized Gain / Loss is calculated.
- CAGR: Compound Annual Growth Rate. This value is calculated based on the dates purchased and sold, and is a useful metric in some situations.
- Record a Limit Order: In place of the purchase date, you can enter a note like "LIMIT" as a placeholder for a limit order to buy a stock. You can also use the WATCH price and NOTES columns to make note of a possible Sell Limit order or to make notes of your future plans.